1. There are already so many CPA affiliate networks out there. What makes your company different?
We pace so much higher because we don’t depend on affiliates to bring in revenue. We do our own stuff. We have our own internal offers, media buys, and emailing. One thing about this industry is that you have to think out of the box and have to be able to adapt. One issue I see new affiliates doing is that they want to copy what the other guy is doing. Well, it’s okay to use ideas but not 100 percent. We get a lot of guys asking what they should do, and where they should get traffic, and what are the best offers? Well, the best offers are basically what you make it to be. Anything can be good. You just have to concentrate on that one offer and go for it.
2. Do you have any exclusive offers that other networks don’t have?
We have direct relationships. Our revenue core comes from Tony and me running traffic and emailing our own offers. We’re not the traditional affiliate network because the fact is that we drive our own traffic. Our main goal is to educate the affiliate and make the industry stronger as a whole. Everything comes to us and we have full control of who we promote to it. This cuts down on fraud big time.
3. In your experience, what are the three most critical elements of run a successful campaign?
- Know your product. This starts with the creative. Don’t use what comes with the offer if you can get around it. If they allow you to make your own, make your own and get it approved. A simple image can make a big, BIG difference.
- Know your target group. If you’re promoting a product that is only of value to a consumer age 40+, you don’t want to market that product on a social site. Targeting is very important!
- No matter what type of offer it is- numbers, numbers, numbers!
4. If you could change one thing about the affiliate industry, what would it be?
Affiliates being honest. If they have unique traffic that no one else has- be honest and open with the account manager. Your AM can be your best friend or worst enemy in your industry. They can make or break your campaign. Be open and honest with the network, so we know what will fit the affiliate’s traffic. We have an open door policy. We are always available for our affiliates. We never lose touch with the people beating the street for the simple fact that the affiliates make us. They are our partners; our family. We go the extra mile because without us having a solid communication we don’t know if something is going on. We value that personalization. We share it with our partner/family members.
John Dutt and Tony Camara are Co-Owners of CPAAlpha, a full service online advertising agency.